This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The Easy Green Smoothie Recipe is the perfect combination of leafy green spinach, sweet pineapple, mango, and your favorite milk. Just a few ingredients and ready in minutes.
There are times when you may find yourself needing a bit more energy. If you are anything like me, then you may not be eating enough fruits and veggies throughout the day. Green Smoothies are a great way to pack in some fruit and vegetables, especially if you want to give your immune system a little boost.
Having a busy schedule and finding time to pack in as many micronutrients as possible can be difficult. One way that I have been able to make sure that I get enough, is by having a daily green smoothie. They're perfect because you basically put everything into a blender, whiz it, and serve it in a glass. At this point, it is perfect to take with you as you head out the door.
My favorite green smoothie combination is pretty simple. I love to use spinach because it doesn't have a strong flavor and is easy to find in abundance at the grocery store. I also love adding some pineapple for sweetness and mango for a bit of tropical flavor. Lastly, I use almond milk for creaminess and to provide a dose of healthy fat and protein. This smoothie has a mild flavor that is not loaded with sugar, but tastes delicious!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THE BEST EVER GREEN SMOOTHIE?
- Frozen Pineapple - Use frozen pineapple chunks for sweetness and to make the smoothie thick.
- Frozen Mango - This ingredient adds another fruit and a bit of tropical flavor to the smoothie.
- Fresh Spinach - Added vegetable and gives the smoothie the green color. Spinach has a mild flavor and you won't be able to taste it in the smoothie. I prefer to use fresh baby spinach that can be found in a bag at your grocery store produce section.
- Milk - For this smoothie recipe, I use almond milk. However, you may use any milk that you prefer.
- Ice - This ingredient is optional. If you prefer to use fresh mango and pineapple, then you will need more ice to make this smoothie.
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Kale – If you do not like spinach, try substituting kale or another leafy green that you prefer.
- Protein – Add a scoop of vanilla or plain protein powder for added protein and to make this smoothie more of a meal.
- Flax – Try adding one teaspoon of ground flaxseed meal for more fiber and to give you a more full feeling.
- Ground Cinnamon - Add a sprinkle or ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon for extra flavor!
HOW TO MAKE A GREEN SMOOTHIE:
Begin the recipe by grabbing a blender. Any blender is perfectly fine, but I love using my Vitamix Professional Series 750. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
If you have a single-serve blender, then clean up should be quick and simple and your smoothie is ready to go simply by adding a lid and a straw.
For a regular blender, pour your smoothie into a glass, add a straw and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hint: You may need to add a small amount more milk if the smoothie is too thick that it won't blend.
To make a smoothie, you will need a blender. Any blender will work and it does not necessarily have to be a high powered expensive blender. In the photos, you will see the blender that I use and love for everything is a Vitamix Professional Series 750 (affiliate link).
Using frozen fruit helps to eliminate the need for ice. If you find that you still need to add ice to thicken the smoothie, feel free to do so, but begin with a little at a time. This recipe makes enough for one large smoothie or two small, but you may double or triple the recipe for more.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 big handful fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup any milk
- ice (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 02/28/2018. Updated 08/18/2021.
NEED A FEW MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Chocolate Banana Mocha Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Berry Acai Smoothie Bowl
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Green Smoothie? Please share them in the comments below!