Pumpkin Spice Smoothie is a sweet, creamy, and delicious drink that is easy to make and perfect for the Fall season. Full of flavor and a great change to your routine smoothie.
If you cannot resist having more pumpkin spice inspired recipes, then be sure to try making a batch of Pumpkin Spice Tahini Cookies or a delicious breakfast with Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles.
Each year in September, pumpkin spice everything begins to show up!
Your favorite coffee shop begins to add a seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte to its menu. A well-known doughnut shop begins to offer pumpkin spice cake doughnuts and pumpkin cheesecake doughnuts. Ben and Jerry's even have a pint of pumpkin cheesecake ice cream available in your grocery store freezer section. I have seen pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice items popping up any and everywhere. This definitely makes it very hard to resist the temptation to give the pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavors a try.
But wait, before you head to the store to purchase pumpkin pie spice let me share with you how you can make your own at home simply by mixing together spices that you probably currently have in your kitchen. All you have to do is grab a small jar or airtight container and mix together the following:
Easy Pumpkin Spice:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
Store this spice blend in your spice rack and use it throughout the season to add pumpkin spice to your recipes.
Now that you have your pumpkin spice blend all mixed up, you can use it to make this yummy pumpkin pie smoothie. Easy to make, creamy, and big on pumpkin flavor. A great way to switch up your regular smoothie routine.
What ingredients are needed to make a pumpkin smoothie recipe?
- Banana - A frozen ripe large banana works best in this recipe, but you can also use an unfrozen banana and add more ice.
- Greek yogurt - Add your favorite, but plain and vanilla work best.
- Ground cinnamon - Pure ground cinnamon helps balance out the flavor and add a little more spice to this smoothie.
- Pumpkin spice - Make your own or opt for premade. This helps to give the smoothie it's pumpkin spice flavore.
- Milk - Use any milk that you prefer, dairy or non-dairy milk will work.
- Maple syrup - Add a little more if you would like it sweeter.
- Pumpkin puree - Go with fresh made or canned. Make sure it is pumpkin puree with pumpkin only and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Ice - Makes the smoothie thick and creamy.
- Protein powder - This is option, but can help to bulk up the smoothie recipe and make it more substantial. Go with you favorite but opt for plain or vanilla flavored.
How to make a pumpkin spice smoothie recipe:
Begin the recipe by using a blend, add in a frozen banana, Greek yogurt, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, protein powder, and ice.
Turn on the blender on high and blend for at least 3 minutes or until the smoothie is creamy and smooth. This may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong, scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
Add more milk to thin out the smoothie if it is too thick and add additional ice cubes for a thicker smoothie, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To make a thick and delicious smoothie, you will need a blender! Any blender will work and it does not necessarily have to be a high powered expensive blender. The blender that I use and have had forever is the Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Duo Blender.
Add more liquid if needed. Especially if the smoothie is too thick and won't completely blend. High powered blenders do a great job at powering through frozen items with a small amount of liquid. However personal size and regular blenders may need a little more help in the form of more liquid. Just be sure to only add a little at a time.
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- 1 large frozen banana
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Begin the recipe by using a blend, add in 1 large frozen banana, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice, ½ cup milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, ⅔ cup pumpkin puree, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 cup of ice.
- Turn on the blender on high and blend for at least 3 minutes or until the smoothie is creamy and smooth. This may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong, scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out the smoothie if it is too thick and add additional ice cubes for a thicker smoothie, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Want a few more simple pumpkin recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie? Please share them in the comments below!