This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
DIY Gingerbread Latte is the perfect recipe that you can make yourself at home to enjoy during the holidays. It is spicy, comforting, and warm.
Christmas is quickly approaching. Are you getting as excited as I am?
The weather is finally beginning to reflect the season and the ‘red cups’ are now available at Starbucks along with their yummy seasonal drinks.
However, sometimes you just cannot make it to Starbucks for one of those drinks, or perhaps you just want to save some money in order to be able to buy more gifts and such. Either way, I will share with you today a simple DIY Gingerbread Latte that taste similar to the one that you can purchase at Starbucks.
The best thing about this recipe, besides saving you some money, is the aroma that it gives off and makes your house smell like you have been baking up some tasty holiday treats.
What ingredients are needed to make a Gingerbread Latte?
- Fresh ginger
- Vanilla extract
- Hot espresso
- Milk (any type of milk is fine)
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make an Easy Gingerbread Latte:
Begin the recipe by making the gingerbread syrup. In a small saucepan, combine together the water, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. Bring to a low boil and stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
This part will have your home smelling so good, trust me!
Add the hot espresso to your favorite mug and pour in 1/4 cup of the gingerbread syrup. Next pour in 1/2 cup of the heated milk.
If you desire, garnish with some whipped cream and an additional sprinkle of ground nutmeg.
What does Gingerbread Latte taste like?
This gingerbread latte has a sweet flavor. It also has the delicious taste of ginger and latte. Even though fresh ginger is used in this recipe, it does not have a strong ginger taste. The cinnamon and vanilla really bring this recipe together and this is sure to be your new favorite holiday drink.
How much sugar is in a gingerbread latte?
The gingerbread syrup has 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. It is not overly sweet because the recipe makes enough for 2 to 4 lattes depending on how sweet you like your drink. The best thing about making a beverage at home is that you have control over the amount of sugar. If you would like less, then use less.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot espresso
- 1 cup hot milk (any type of milk is fine)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- To make the gingerbread sauce…In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer slowly for 15 to 20 minutes. This part will have your home smelling so good!
- Combine the espresso in a mug and add 1/4 cup of the gingerbread syrup. Top it off with the heated milk.
- If you desire, garnish with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
Want more Holiday Inspired Drinks? Try These:
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Gingerbread Latte? Share them in the comments below!