This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts are incredibly delicious and simple, making them the perfect side dish. Savory brussels sprouts paired with sweet maple syrup for a fantastic combination.
These brussels sprouts will be the talk of the table this season! Trust me, they are that good. It's a simple side dish recipe that requires just seven basic ingredients to make. They are the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and salty in one delicious bite.
They are roasted to perfection with the flavors of garlic powder, maple syrup, and salty bacon. They're crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. You will certainly not regret making this recipe to share with your family and friends.
Let's get started!
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this brussels sprouts recipe. They are easy to locate at your local grocery store.
- Brussels Sprouts - You will need one pound of cleaned, trimmed, and halved fresh brussels sprouts.
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil - May use olive oil or avocado, which ever on that you prefer.
- Maple Syrup - Provide a sweet element to these brussels sprouts and also helps them to get a nice caramelized layer while roasting.
- Bacon - This is an option ingredient to toss in before serving for a bit of savory saltiness.
- Garlic Powder - A needed seasoning, if you prefer to use minced garlic instead, then it is perfetly fine to use two cloves.
- Salt - Helps to pull the water from the brussel sprouts to make them a little crispy on the outside.
- Ground Black Pepper - A stable seasoning that pairs with salt.
See the recipe card below for ingredient quantities.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare the bacon in a skillet until it is crispy and chop it into small pieces. Set aside. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash, trim and cut the fresh brussels sprouts in halves. Add the prepared brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Top the brussels sprouts with olive oil or avocado oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Toss to evenly coat the brussels sprouts.
Arrange the brussels sprouts in an even layer on the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet. Place into the oven to roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the brussels sprouts are tender. Carefully remove from the oven and toss in the crispy chopped bacon. Serve and enjoy!
There are only a few pieces of equipment needed to make this side dish recipe. Primarily you will need a large baking sheet to roast the brussels sprouts in the oven. Line the baking sheet with some parchment paper for easier cleanup and to prevent sticking.
You will also need a skillet to cook the bacon in and a mixing bowl to combine the ingredients together with ease.
If you just so happen to have any leftover brussels sprouts, store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve them warm by reheating them or cold.
For a little something more, before serving these brussels sprouts, top with some crumbled feta cheese and/or dried cranberries.
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare the 3 slices of bacon in a skillet until it is crispy and chop it into small pieces. Set aside. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, trim and cut 1 pound of fresh brussels sprouts in halves. Add the prepared brussels sprouts to a large bowl.
- Top the brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Toss to evenly coat the brussels sprouts. Arrange the brussels sprouts in an even layer on the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place into the oven to roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the brussels sprouts are tender. Carefully remove from the oven and toss in the crispy chopped bacon. Serve and enjoy!
- If you just so happen to have any leftover brussels sprouts, store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve them warm by reheating them or cold.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More side dishes
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use these Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts? Please share them in the comments below!