This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Roll Cake – Sweet and buttery cake that is easy to make, light, and fluffy. Make it for any occasion and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
There are 17 days left in the year!
Yes, feel free to re-read that statement and let it marinate for a moment because if you are anything like me then you are probably still trying to figure out how 2015 went so fast.
The weather in Florida still has been sunny and beautiful with the exception of today, which is rainy, and frankly, I’m okay with that because the heat has flared up my allergies and Allegra and Flonase have become my new daily chore to deal with. Even mother-nature is just as confused by the weather because everything is blooming already and pollen has given me a reason to wash my car more often.
Remember I told you how much I LOVED the podcast Serial? Well the first episode of Season 2 was finally released this past Thursday and it follows the very public Bowe Bergdahl story and it should be just as good and addictive as last season.
I have not finished my Christmas shopping yet, but I only have a few more gifts to get and this video has given me some great gift basket ideas.
We are making plans to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens this weekend and although I’m tempted to watch the previous movies in machete order…I don’t think the way my life is setup will allow for the 13 required hours to do so.
Anywho—I decided to update the Cinnamon Roll Cake that I shared with you back in 2013. This is a smaller version and my photography has definitely improved as well. I’ve been updating a few recipes here and there so I hope you don’t mind. Besides this recipe was worth giving another try.
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and spray an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 1 and ½ cups of flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, blend together ½ cup sugar, milk, egg, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and set aside while you mix the topping.
- In a small bowl, using a whisk, combine the ½ cup of softened butter, 1 Tablespoon of flour, and cinnamon until it is smooth and pour evenly on top of the cake batter in baking pan.
- Place into the oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Once you remove the cake from the oven, begin preparing the glaze by combining the confectioner’s sugar, milk, and ½ teaspoon vanilla until combined and pour over the cake while it is still warm and spread evenly.
- Allow the cake to continue to cook in the pan on a wire rack prior to serving.
Want More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love? Try These:
Have you got any comments, questions, or ideas for this Cinnamon Roll Cake? Share them in the comments below!