An easy recipe for baked strawberry donuts covered in a pink tinted glaze and sprinkles. It is love at first bite.
Another week has ended and the weekend begins.
This week was so busy that I do not believe I turned on my television once. I definitely feel a binge day coming on this weekend. Some highlights of this week were that I watched the Business of Commercial Food Photography with Andrew Scrivani on Creative Live and I was so glad that I tuned in to the live session both days because I learned so much. A few years ago, I took his Food Photography course and it was after this course that I began to take my food photography seriously and really switch my camera settings off automatic and figure out how to shoot in manual mode. I still have so much to learn, but I can look back through my photos and clearly see a difference. Photography is one of those things that you are constantly learning about and practice definitely makes you better.
This week I also focused on setting up a small studio to shoot in my home to make it much easier for me to take pictures and not have to set everything up each time I need it or have it in the way. This will be one less thing that I will have to worry about and I will be able to shoot videos which is something that I have really wanted to do for quite some time.
I am also working on a meal planning series that I will share a little bit more on that a little later…I am very excited about this. But enough about my week, I hope you had a great week and I want to share with you an easy recipe for strawberry donuts. These donuts have fresh strawberries, a sweet pink tinted glaze, and pink sprinkles because you cannot go wrong with sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the canola oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until everything comes together, careful not to over mix. Fold in the finely chopped strawberries.
- Lightly spray 2-donut pans with non-stick cooking spray and place the donut batter into a piping bag. Fill each donut well ⅔ full of the donut batter. Place into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes until the donuts begin to lightly brown. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until the glaze is smooth. Add in just enough pink food coloring until you get the tint that you like. Use only a little at a time. If you would like a thicker glaze, then use less milk and if you would like a thinner glaze use more milk. Dip the top of each donut into the glaze once or twice and top with sprinkles.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for Strawberry Donuts? Share them in the comments below!