Fudgy Mint Brownies is a flavorful and simple brownie recipe that is the perfect blend of chocolate mint brownies with mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies. They're also egg-free, dairy-free and just green enough to enjoy on St. Patrick's Day.
It is Wednesday and St. Patrick’s Day and that requires a recipe with something green AND something chocolate.
Ok well, maybe not the last part of that sentence because I totally made that up but doesn’t any day and chocolate seem like they go together?
Today I will take the recipe that I previously shared with you on the blog for Chocolate Mint Brownies and make a few changes to the ingredients, like adding in some chocolate mint creme filled sandwich cookie. The cookies are just the thing this recipe needs to give you the green and a little more sweetness.
This recipe is also vegan unless you do not want to ingest the palm oil that is in the sandwich cookies, if that is the case then feel free to omit them and just use regular vegan sandwich cookies or dairy-free chocolate chips. The addition of the mint flavored sandwich cookies and peppermint extract really intensifies the minty flavor of the brownies and makes the brownies delicious. Seriously, there is just something yummy about the combination of chocolate and mint.
Be sure to give this recipe a try and let me know how the Fudgy Mint Brownies turn out for you...Happy St. Patrick's Day!
What ingredients are needed to make mint chocolate brownies?
These brownies are made using one mixing bowl and one pan to bake them in. The ingredients that you will need for the recipe are pretty basic and you should already have most of them in your kitchen.
- Mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Peppermint extract - this ingredient should be easy to find at your local grocery store in the aisle with the spices and you want to be sure that you use the peppermint or mint extract and not peppermint oil because it will make a big difference in the flavor intensity.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Light brown sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
How to make this recipe for mint brownies:
Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Next in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt. In a separate small bowl whisk together the neutral oil, water, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract until combined.
Add the oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until fully combined, careful not to over mix. Stir just until all the ingredients come together.
Before you add the chocolate mint sandwich cookies to the brownie batter be sure to cut each cookie into quarters or place them in a Ziploc plastic bag and gently roll over the bag a few times with the rolling pin to break the cookies up just a little. Using a spatula, gently fold in the cut-up mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies until evenly distributed. Add the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Place in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester (toothpick) comes out clean.
Carefully remove the brownies from the oven. Allow them to cool completely in the pan on a rack prior to cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!
Fudgy Mint Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup neutral oil (canola, avocado, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup light brown sugar, ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and ½ teaspoon sea salt and set aside. In a separate small bowl whisk together the 1 cup oil, 1 cup water, ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until fully combined, careful not to over mix. Stir just until all the ingredients come together.
- Before you add the chocolate mint sandwich cookies to the brownie batter be sure to cut each cookie into quarters or place them in a Ziploc plastic bag and gently roll over the bag a few times with the rolling pin to break the cookies up just a little.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the quartered 20 mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies until evenly distributed. Add the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the pan on a rack prior to cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!
- Store any leftover brownies in cut up squares in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 03/17/2017. Updated 03/17/2021. Updated photos are by Gabby of Cookie Dough Diaries
Want a few more recipes for easy vegan brownies? Try these:
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Easy Vegan Brownies
- Easy Vegan Brownie Bites
- Vegan Cognac Brownies
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for these easy to make Fudgy Vegan Brownies? Please share them in the comments below!