This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make and share this Iced Green Tea from the food blog Simply LaKita. It is so delicious and refreshing when served with sliced lemon and raspberries.
It really doesn’t matter if you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, on any given weeknight every minute counts when you’re trying to get dinner on the table. So tonight let’s chat about my top 3 things to save you time in the kitchen throughout the week.
- Select a meat that cooks fast! A few options could be ground beef, ground turkey, thinly sliced chicken cutlets, and thinly sliced pork. Basically thinner cuts of meat cook much faster than the thicker cuts and can be completely cooked in 5 minutes allowing you to have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- Try meal prepping your vegetables, rice, and pasta in advance… I have found that if I cook a pot of vegetables, rice and/or pasta at the beginning of the week then that is one less thing that I have to prepare for my weeknight meal. Try cooking these ingredients until they are ALMOST done and allow them to come to room temperature and then store in an airtight container in the fridge to heat up later. Once you heat them up they will be finished cooking and ready to use. Also, steam in the bag options are another quick way to prepare these items.
- Get creative with minimal ingredients…You will be surprised what you can come up with on the fly with the food items that you have on hand. If you have rice, vegetables, and chicken…make a chicken stir-fry. If you have shrimp and grits…make shrimp and grits. If you have spaghetti and bacon…make pasta carbonara. You will be surprised what you can come up with using what you have.
So now that I have shared with you a few of the things that help me get a meal in minutes prepared for my family…let’s sit back, relax, and sip some tea…Iced Green Tea!
Recipe yields 2 liters.
Iced Green TeaPrint Recipe
- 4.5 cups boiling water
- 3 to 4 regular green tea bags
- 1.5 cups apple juice
- cold water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
Bring 5 cups (or a full kettle) of water to a boil and carefully pour the hot water into the pitcher and add in the green tea bags allowing it to steep on the kitchen counter until it becomes room temperature.
Remove the tea bags, add the apple juice, sliced lemon, raspberries, and fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water until it is full.
Place in the fridge and allow it to chill overnight or for at least 4 hours and then you are ready to serve.
*Recipe adapted from Jenny Mustard