This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Iced Green Tea Recipe is refreshing and delicious. Lightly sweetened with apple juice plus the addition of raspberries and lemon. The perfect way to cool off from the summer heat.
It has been so hot and humid in Florida. That sounds pretty normal, but it is something that I have a hard time getting used to. Hot summers equal me finding ways to stay cool and hydrated. Obviously water in my first choice, but sometimes I need a break from it and other drink options.
Green tea has so many health benefits and I love having a warm mug of it whenever I can, but not in the summer. That is when the iced version definitely comes in handy. Iced green tea is everything that you love about green tea except in a chilled version.
This recipe pulls together a few simple ingredients, green tea, water, apple juice, lemon, and raspberries. Mixes them together in a pitcher, to serve over ice. It's loaded with flavor, slightly sweet, and a refreshing way to cool off from the summer heat.
What ingredients are needed for cold green tea?
- Green tea
- Apple Juice
How to make this green tea recipe:
Bring 5 cups (or a full kettle) of water to a boil and carefully pour the hot water into the pitcher and add in the green tea bags allowing it to steep on the kitchen counter until it becomes room temperature.
Remove the tea bags, add the apple juice, sliced lemon, raspberries, and fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water and ice until it is full. Place in the fridge and allow it to chill overnight or for at least 4 hours and then you are ready to serve.
Is iced green tea good for you?
Green tea is full of antioxidants that offer great benefits to the body. Drinking iced green tea gives the same benefit as drinking it warm. For this recipe, the process of making the green tea itself is the same for both keeping it consistent.
What kind of apple juice should I use?
For this recipe any that you prefer is fine. Organic, unsweetened, and sweetened apple juice will all work with this recipe. If you prefer to omit the apple juice, then feel free to do that as well. This recipe is simple and it really all depends on your preference.
Iced Green Tea
- 4 ½ cups boiling water
- 4 regular green tea bags
- 1 ½ cups apple juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- cold water
- Bring 5 cups (or a full kettle) of water to a boil and carefully pour the hot water into a pitcher and add in the green tea bags allowing it to steep on the kitchen counter until it becomes room temperature.
- Remove the green tea bags, add the 1 ½ cups of apple juice, sliced lemon, ½ cup frozen raspberries, and fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water and ice until it is full.
- Place in the fridge and allow it to chill overnight or for at least 4 hours and then you are ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- May use fresh raspberries in the same unit of measure instead of frozen raspberries.
- Feel free to add additional sweetener if you prefer a sweeter tea.
- Use any brand of regular bagged green tea that you prefer.
- Serve with ice and additional raspberries and a slice of lemon.
Need more easy drink recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Iced Green Tea recipe? Please share them in the comments below!