Fresh Vegan Spring Roll is a 30-minute recipe with crispy tofu, fresh vegetables, and a sweet and spicy dipping sauce. Delectable, crispy, and flavorful.
Perfect Meatless Monday recipe…So fresh and healthy!
Fresh Vegan Spring Roll Ingredients:
For spring roll…(multiple servings)
– rice paper pack (I purchased from Whole Foods)
– a block of tofu (seasoned with soy sauce, sugar to taste, and black pepper)
*Can also be made with chicken
– lettuce or any type of spring mix (I used spinach)
– a medley of veggies (I used carrots, cucumber, and napa cabbage)
For sauce…(2 servings)
– 4 Tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
– the juice of half of a lemon
– 1 tsp Sriracha
Chop all your veggies into strips.
Slice your tofu block into “steak fry” size.
Fill a container with a lid on it with some soy sauce (1/4-1/3 cup), sugar (2 tsp), and black pepper (couple pinches).
Put your tofu steaks in the pool of soy sauce. Cover, shake, and marinate for a few minutes.
Turn on your stove to medium-high. Oil a skillet lightly. Place tofu steaks on and pour the rest of soy sauce over it. Let sizzle. Flip after 3-5 min.
Fill with veggies and tofu steaks and wrap it up like a burrito!!
Mix sauce ingredients together (Hoisin, Sriracha, lemon juice) or use a good pre-made sauce such as peanut sauce. FYI-Make the sauce really fast because it tastes so good with these spring rolls.
Slice a vegan spring roll in half with a wet knife and dip into your sauce.
*Recipe originally created by Blogilates