Fresh Vegan Spring Roll
Fresh Vegan Spring Roll is a 30-minute recipe with crispy tofu, fresh vegetables, and a sweet and spicy dipping sauce. Delectable, crispy, and flavorful.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 1 package tofu (firm or extra firm)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 rice paper/spring roll wraps
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, cut into small sticks
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
Prepare the tofu by wrapping in a towel and gently press out the excess liquid. Cut the block of tofu in half, lengthwise, and then into strips.
In a medium-size container with a lid, prepare the marinade by whisking together the soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Add the tofu, cover with the lid, and shake to cover. Allow the tofu to sit for 5 minutes.
Using a large non-stick skillet, spray with cooking spray, and add the tofu strips. Allow the tofu to cook on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side and then flip and cook an addition 2 minutes on the other side.
Prepare the rice paper wraps according to package instructions.
Add the cooked tofu, spinach, cabbage, cucumber, and carrots to the rice paper wrap, careful not to overfill or the rice paper wraps will tear. Wrap like a burrito while still damp.
Prepare the dipping sauce in a small bowl by stirring together the hoisin sauce, sriracha, and lemon juice. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
*Recipe adapted from Blogilates
- Prepare vegetables by cleaning and cutting before beginning the recipe to speed up the process.
- Spring roll/rice paper wrappers can be found in most grocery stores, Asian markets, and Amazon.
- Dip one rice paper wrapper at a time in the water for 15 to 20 seconds, followed by filling with ingredients and rolling immediately.
- Try not to overfill the rice paper wrapper with ingredients to prevent tearing.
- Cut spring rolls in half using a sharp wet knife for easy cutting.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2015IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg