This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These quick and easy breakfast bowls are protein packed and can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes. Enjoy again for lunch or dinner.
Is this thing on?
I went missing there last week on you didn’t I?
I wasn’t even on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram either. Well, I am here to calm your fears and let you know that I am indeed still alive and well. As I shared with you in a previous blog post, I have been doing a lot of travelling this summer and last week I made it back safely from Cuba (I will be sharing more about that trip soon), attended my family reunion, and took a day trip to Alabama. I will also be back in Alabama this weekend and towards the end of the week, I will be heading to Virginia.
It is all becoming a blur and I have to admit that I am actually looking forward to the school year beginning so things can get back to normal…or just back to the normal schedule.
This time next summer I will be getting my son moved into his dorm and saying goodbye to him as I leave him for college. I am sure tears will be shed but because I’m a G, I will be sure to wait until I am alone in my car to turn into a puddle of water. I also believe that is another reason why my summer travel schedule has been so full…I’m trying to squeeze in everything with him before we make the transition of him being a young adult on his own and me being a woman with an adult child living alone. Again, I am both excited and nervous at the same time. But enough about that because you came here to see a recipe and doggone it a recipe you will see.
With so much travel and being on the go, I have been making sure to prepare meals that are healthy, nourishing, and full of protein and nutrients. These breakfast bowls definitely fit that description and although I love having them for breakfast, I also have them as a quick lunch or late night dinner.
P.S. You may have noticed a few changes happening on the blog...I am in the process of updating things a bit to make it easier to navigate. Your patience during the site construction is greatly appreciated and if you have any ideas or suggestions, then please reach out to me and let me know 🙂
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and sliced
- 2 eggs (or cooked tofu)
- 2 turkey bacon slices
- 1 tomato quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the spinach among 2 bowls and top evenly with the avocado slices. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a non-stick skillet, remove, crumble, and add to one or both bowls.
- In the same skillet with the residue from the bacon, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the apple cider vinegar, and water to make the dressing and once heated add into a jar or container to top the bowl with.
- Place the tomato quarters into a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with the basil and panko breadcrumbs. Place under the oven broiler on high and broil for 2 minutes or until the surface is browned.
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat, add in 1 tablespoon olive oil, and fry one or two eggs (if not using tofu) until done. Add to the bowl along with the broiled tomato.
- Serve with the vinegar dressing and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for these easy Breakfast Bowls? Share them in the comments below!