This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Curry Hummus is creamy, flavorful, and helps create the perfect holiday vegetable platter. It can be prepared in minutes for a delicious healthy option.
Thank you to Colgate® for sponsoring today’s post, any opinions expressed are my own.
We are officially into the holiday season and do you know what that means? It means that your social calendar may possibly be filling up with holiday gatherings, parties, and get-togethers.
It could also be a time in which you are asked to bring something to at least one of those events. If that is the case, then you may be wondering what in the world you are going to bring? The holidays can be such a busy time that you do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing a dish. You also may not want to bring something that you picked up from the grocery store (but if you have to then you will receive no judgement from me!).
What you need is something that is simple to make, delicious, and looks really fancy – I have just the thing for you: a recipe for Curry Hummus and some tips to help you pull together a holiday vegetable platter! To begin, gather the ingredients for the Curry Hummus using the recipe listed below. No worries as it is a few simple ingredients that you simply toss into a food processor or blender and process until you get the desired consistency.
Next, you will assemble the vegetable platter using these tips:
- Select the right serving platter. Be sure to select one that is large enough to hold everything and travels well.
- Add a couple of small bowls to the platter to hold the curry hummus.
- Prepare an assortment of raw vegetables, such as carrots, radishes, pepper rings, cucumber slices, and tomato halves.
- Add in a few extra options to the platter that will pair well with the hummus, such as chips, crackers, or pita wedges.
- Artfully arrange the platter. I prefer to add the bowls of hummus first and then arrange the other ingredients around them until the platter is full.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is it! A simple to make vegetable platter that is unfussy and sure to be a hit with your holiday entertaining. Feel free to spend any extra time that you may have on indulging in extra holiday sweets, treats, and drinks.
However, keep in mind that over time all of those delicious goodies, especially the curry powder in the hummus, may begin to stain your teeth. I recommend brushing with Colgate® Optic White® Platinum™ High Impact White®. It contains a professionally recommended whitening ingredient, is enamel safe for daily use, and can visibly whiten teeth up to 4 shades when used as directed for 6 weeks! Keep your smile bright and pearly white throughout the holiday season!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- Using a food processor or high power blender, add in all of the ingredients.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Add to serving bowls and serve with your favorite vegetables.