This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Curry Hummus is creamy, flavorful, and delicious hummus recipe that can be made in minutes to pair with your favorite vegetables or crackers. It is simple and not overly spicy.
Need a simple but delicious recipe that looks really fancy? Well, I have just the thing for you and that is a tasty recipe of curry hummus. This hummus comes together in minutes with just a few basic ingredients.
When you think of curry, you may think too spicy. But let me share with you that this recipe uses coconut milk that helps to tone down the spice factor and make this hummus super creamy.
This hummus recipe is perfect on its own to pair with fresh-cut vegetables, crackers, or even spread on a wrap. However if you need it to entertain or share with your family, then try adding it to a vegetable platter.
Vegetable Platter Tips
- Select the right serving platter. Be sure to select one that is large enough to hold everything.
- Add a couple of small bowls to the platter to hold the curry hummus.
- Prepare an assortment of raw vegetables, such as carrots, radishes, pepper rings, cucumber slices, and tomato halves.
- Add in a few extra options to the platter that will pair well with the hummus, such as chips, crackers, olives, or pita wedges.
- Artfully arrange the platter. I prefer to add the bowls of hummus first and then arrange the other ingredients around them until the platter is full.
- Have fun, serve, and enjoy a simple vegetable platter that is colorful, unfussy, and delicious.
- Chickpeas - The main ingredient in any hummus recipe. Be sure to rinse and drain the cans of chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans.
- Coconut milk - Use full fat coconut milk to add a rich and creamy flavor to the hummus.
- Red curry paste - This ingredient provides spicy and big flavor to the curry hummus.
- Curry powder - The main ingredient that gives this hummus its curry flavor.
- Garlic - Try using freshly minced garlic or the jar minced garlic without any additional ingredients.
- Salt - Any salt is perfectly fine, but I prefer to use what I have on hand.
- Lemon juice - Try to go for fresh lemon juice.
Begin this recipe by grabbing a food processor or high powered blender. Next, add the chickpeas, coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, garlic, salt, and fresh lemon juice into the food processor.
Place the lid onto the food processor or blender and process/pulse until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Remove the curry hummus from the food processor and place it into a serving bowl. Pair with your favorite vegetables and enjoy!
To make this easy hummus recipe you will need a food processor. A high powered food processor is not necessary to make this recipe, but it is a great investment. If you do not have a food processor, you may use a blender or a bowl with a potato masher and spoon will work as well.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve with vegetables, crackers, or spread on a wrap.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- Using a food processor or high power blender, add in all of the ingredients.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Add to serving bowls and serve with your favorite vegetables.
Original post date 12/17/2018. Updated 09/27/2021. Updated photos are by Gabby of Cookie Dough Diaries
More Easy Dip Recipes
- Dessert Board with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- Black Bean Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Grilled Vegetables with Honey Mustard Sauce
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this recipe for Curry Hummus? Please share them in the comments below!