This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make chocolate a part of a healthy breakfast with Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats. The combination of strongly brewed coffee, cocoa, and oats prepared in 5 minutes and delicious!
Overnight oats have lately been the breakfast of choice for me to each morning.
They are perfect for those times when you do not want to think about what to have for breakfast or have the energy to prepare anything. You basically add all of the necessary ingredients into a jar. Stir everything together and place in the refrigerator overnight. The oats will absorb the liquid and soften the oats while the chia seeds with thicken up the mixture. It is like magic.
My favorite brand of a glass jar to use for this is Weck because it has a wide-mouth and is big enough to stir everything together. When it comes to making overnight oats there is not a shortage of recipes out there. My two favorite recipes are Almond Overnight Oats and this recipe for Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats that I am sharing with you today.
Now you may choose to use any milk that you prefer. I usually go with almond milk or cashew milk. For the yogurt, again use any that you prefer. I love to use a plant-based yogurt in my oats. This recipe is not overly sweet but the chocolate flavor is definitely the star of this recipe.
Are overnight oats healthy?
Yes, overnight oats are healthy. Oats are loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of nutrients. They are also filling and can be made sweet or savory. The added benefit of overnight oats is that are made at night and ready in the morning for the perfect grab and go breakfast option.
Do you eat overnight oats hot or cold?
Overnight oats are generally meant to be eaten cold. But if you are not a fan of cold oats, then feel free to warm them up to your desired temperature.
What ingredients for chocolate overnight oats?
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Your favorite toppings (optional)
How to make these easy overnight oats:
Using a large jar or container with a lid, add the oats, cocoa powder, and chia seeds.
Top with milk, coffee, yogurt, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
Stir to combine all the ingredients together and cover with the lid.
Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 4 hours. Remove when ready to serve, add to a bowl, and top with your favorite toppings.
Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup milk, any
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup yogurt, any
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- your favorite fruit, nut, dark chocolate, and seed topping (optional)
- Using a large jar or container with a lid, add the oats, cocoa powder, and chia seeds.
- Top with milk, coffee, yogurt, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients together and cover with the lid.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 4 hours.
- Remove when ready to serve, add to a bowl, and top with your favorite toppings.
- Store any leftover in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Want more simple breakfast recipes? Try these:
- Almond Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Toast
- Easy Breakfast Parfait
- Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats? Please share them in the comments below!