Thank you to Silk (#SilkNutmilk) for sponsoring today’s post, any opinions expressed are my own. Make chocolate a part of a healthy breakfast with Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats. The combination of strongly brewed coffee and cocoa prepared in 5 minutes and delicious!
As some of you may know, a little over a year ago I left my corporate job in order to pursue being a full-time creative entrepreneur. I still cannot believe that it officially became a year December 2017.
My how time flies!
In the beginning, things were pretty scary and emotional because from day to day I had no idea what to expect. When I worked outside the home, I worked on my creative endeavors on the weekend and any other time that I could find the time. Early mornings and late nights were a definite given.
However, when I finally found the courage to release my day job, it freed me up to work on my business anytime that I wanted. The first couple of months I enjoyed being home and took the time to catch up on things that needed my attention. After those months passed and things were done, I realized that I needed to have a more structured day and schedule my work and office hours the same way as I did before.
Creating and sticking to a morning routine has definitely allowed me to become happy, healthy, and more productive than I ever would have imagined. I will share with you 5 things that have helped me to achieve this while working from home.
- Plan the night before- Taking a few minutes the night before to jot down a list of the things that I need to accomplish allows me to wake up and not have to think about what I need to focus on for that morning. It’s also a great way to stay on task and make sure everything is done.
- Have some ‘Me Time’ first- Beginning the morning by taking some time out for self-care gives me so much energy to get things done. Going for a walk, working out, reading a book for 30 minutes, or applying a facial mask is a few ways that I make sure this happens. Once I have taken care of myself first, then I am open to giving others what they need throughout the day.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate- Making sure that my body is hydrated, helps me to feel better and stay focused. One-way that I ensure this is done is by keeping water beside me the entire day. If I see it, then I am more inclined to drink it.
- Limit time on social media (and emails)-This is a big one because you can lose so much time on them both. Try scheduling pockets of time throughout the day to scroll on social media and respond to emails. If you need to set a timer to make sure that you don’t spend too much time, then definitely do that because it will keep you on track.
- Fuel your body- Your body needs food to function and have a productive day. Try incorporating Silk Protein Nutmilk to assist you in accomplishing that. It contains both almonds and cashews and packs 10 grams of 100% pea protein per serving. It is also free of dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, and MSG. I love to have a glass as a snack or add it to some Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats. Silk Protein Nutmilk taste so rich and creamy and I love using it the same way that I would use regular milk.
I hope that you find these 5 tips helpful and please share with me some ways that you make sure your day is productive in the comment section listed below. If you would like to learn more about Silk Nutmilk and other delicious Silk products, feel free to sign up for their exclusive newsletter at www.silk.com/signup or you can easily find Silk products at your local grocery store. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chocolate Mocha Overnight OatsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Silk Protein Nutmilk
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Silk vanilla Almondmilk yogurt alternative
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- your favorite fruit, nut, dark chocolate, and seed topping (optional)
Using a large jar or container with a lid, add the oats, Silk Protein Nutmilk, coffee, cocoa powder, yogurt, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
Mix well to combine and cover with the lid.
Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 4 hours.
Remove when ready to serve, add to a bowl, and top with your favorite toppings.
Store any leftover in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.