This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats is a great snack for adults and children. White chocolate cover rice krispie treats with rainbow sprinkles. A fun treat.
Happy Monday People!
And so another week begins and the weekend ends way too fast. Time is just moving so fast and I cannot believe that in a few months it will be time for the kids to be out of school for the summer.
Since live streaming has taken over on all social media platforms, and this blog is all about food, I was thinking that a great way to combine the two would be by cooking live with you once a week for a quick and easy dinner. Please let me know what you think about this and if it would be something that you would be interested in. When this happens then I will definitely also be asking you for feedback on what recipes you would like for me to make. I think it would be a good way for me to connect with you more and have a little chitchat time over some good food.
Speaking of good food, today I decided to share with you a recipe for rice krispie treats and since I have shared recipes for these with you already on the blog I have to change this recipe up by adding sprinkles, melted white chocolate, and pink food coloring since it reminds me of the popular pastel colors of spring. If you would rather not use the food coloring, then feel free to omit or use a different color that you prefer. I also love how this recipe reminds me of a cake and it would totally work as birthday cake substitution if you wanted to have something different. I would love to have funfetti rice krispies on my birthday along with the cake as well, but then again that is just me because I love sweets.
If you decide to try these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats, then please let me know by tagging me on social media @SimplyLaKita or in the comment section below.
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
- Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and then stir in the salt, vanilla, and marshmallows until it is melted and smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately stir in the rice krispies cereal and sprinkles until the cereal is coated in the melted marshmallow.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press evenly using a rubber spatula that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set the rice krispie treat aside while you prepare the white chocolate topping.
- In a small bowl, add in the white chocolate chips and oil, place into the microwave and cook for 30 seconds at a time and stopping to stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted and is smooth after stirring. Stir in 2 to 3 drops of food coloring, pour the melted white chocolate over the rice krispie treats, spread evenly, and top with additional sprinkles. Allow the white chocolate to fully set and harden prior to cutting into squares to serve.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats? Share them in the comments below!