This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Blackberry Macarons – These classic macarons are filled with a delicious blackberry butter cream filling. The perfect treat for any occasion.
I cannot believe that it is the first day of May already!
When I think about how quickly the month of April went by it amazes me of all that I was able to accomplish during that time. I stretched myself a little last month by sharing 2 recipe videos with you on the blog, one was for Vegan Vanilla Donuts and the other was for Brown Bag Popcorn. I was so nervous to try video, but I am glad that I finally took the plunge and I also learned a lot.
Yes, I do intend to continue making short recipe videos and share them with you here on the blog. Recently I was also able to share more snaps from my day-to-day life on Instagram stories, if you are not following me on the Insta then be sure to follow me @simplylakita. On Instagram, I was able to share my recipe for Tofu Scramble in one of my IG Stories and it got a great response from you guys, so I will certainly be doing that again as well.
I must say that stepping outside of my blogging comfort zone and trying something new was so much fun and inspired me in so many ways. This month I plan to stretch myself even more and try more things that are new.
Recently I shared with you a recipe for a Blackberry Thyme Mocktail, just in case you missed it just click here and you can take a look at it, but since I still had some blackberries left I decided to put them to good use in some macarons by filling them with a blackberry butter cream. That is one reason and the other is that I just wanted to make some macarons because I have not made the recipe in a long time and my family absolutely loves them.
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh blackberry juice
- Line a large sheet with parchment paper and set aside. To a food processor, add in the almond meal and powdered sugar and pulse until the mixture resembles a fine meal. Sift 1 time in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the egg whites and using a hand mixer on medium-high speed mix the egg whites while adding in the sugar a little at a time. Mix until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg white mixture into the dry mixture, mixing only until combined.
- Transfer the batter into a large pastry bag fitted with a small round tip and pipe rounds onto the parchment paper. Hold the pastry bag straight up and squeeze straight down, allowing the batter to form a circle on its own. Once you have piped all of the macarons, bang the cookie sheet on the counter to release the air bubbles and smooth out the macarons. Allow the macarons to rest 15 to 30 minutes until a dry skin forms on the top.
- Preheat the oven 300 degrees F. and bake the macarons for 6 minutes, rotate the baking sheet, and bake another 6 minutes. Allow the macarons to cool on the baking sheet while making the filling.
- Make the filling by creaming together the butter, powdered sugar and blackberry juice. Pipe the filling onto the cooled macaron and sandwich together with another macaron that is about the same size. Place the blackberry macarons into the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Blackberry Macarons? Share them in the comments below!