This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I share my Cashew Cream Sauce recipe and it is the perfect sauce for the vegan mushroom ravioli that I stumbled upon in the grocery store. So delicious!
Lately, I have had a few of you ask me to share more of the things that I eat.
If you have been following me here for awhile then you may already know that I transitioned into becoming vegan last year...Whoa! I still cannot believe that it has been a year already...that time certainly flew by super fast. Anyway, you may see non-vegan recipes here and that is because I still cook and prepare meals for my family that is not vegan. And yes I still cook meat products for them, but I will share with you that I noticed that it has become much easier to prepare a vegan and non-vegan meal at the same time by making few adjustments here and there.
I have also noticed that my family consumes way more vegetables and my meat grocery bill has decreased significantly. I can usually get 2 meals from 1 pound of meat and that includes having leftovers. I've also been able to incorporate more meatless meals into my mealtime rotation...' Why Hello Meatless Mondays!' Do I miss meat? Not really...the only time that I even notice that it is an issue is when I go out to dinner or have meals at a friend's house and I have to make changes so that I can dine out or share a meal with them.
My hope in sharing more of my meals is that it will change your perception of what vegans actually eat. I am still surprised at the looks that I get when people see me eating more than salads. So with that being said, I will gladly share more of 'What I Ate' with you.
I have become a huge fan of Kite Hill yogurt (not sponsored), which I buy from Whole Foods. This yogurt is made with almond milk, has few ingredients, and is so rich and creamy. To me, it has the texture of custard. So when I came across their ravioli options, I had to give them a try and since I didn't want to top it with a tomato-based pasta sauce I decided a cashew cream sauce would pair perfectly with it.
This meal was so delicious and filling and I would certainly buy this again as a quick dinner option.
And yes I did have a big salad mainly made up of greens with this meal.
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Kite Hill mushroom ricotta ravioli
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 2 hours, drain, and rinse. If you have a Vitamix or Blendtec blender, then you can skip this part.
- Pour the cashews into the blender or food processor along with the water, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, and blend or process until smooth. For a thinner sauce add more water and for a thicker sauce add more cashews.
- Warm the sauce on low in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- Cook the ravioli according to the package instructions. Serve the ravioli and sauce together with your favorite side salad and beverage.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Cashew Cream Sauce? Share them in the comments below!