Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork Roast takes your classic pork roast recipe and adds in soda to make the meat extra tender and tasty. Cook it in your slow cooker for a delicious meal!
- 1 whole pork loin roast (5 to 7 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 11 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cans soda pop (I use Dr Pepper)
Begin the recipe by drying the pork roast. Rub generously with salt, ground black pepper, and brown sugar. Set aside.
Using a slow cooker, or the slow cooker setting on a pressure cooker (Instant Pot), Roughly chop 2 medium onions and add into the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the seasoned pork roast.
Add the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce on top of the pork roast.
Slowly pour in the soda to cover everything in the slow cooker. Cover and allow to cook on high 4 hours or low, 6 to 8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
Carefully remove spicy soda pop pork from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Serve on a bun while warm.
- The slow cooker makes this a dump and go meal and allows the pork to become tender.
- The soda helps to tenderize the meat and mellows out the spiciness of the chipotle peppers.
- It is the opportunity to use your favorite dark soda pop in a savory recipe. Try using Dr. Pepper, root beer, cola or cherry cola.
- Spicy soda pulled pork is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and savory.
- It can be used to make a sandwich, pair with your favorite side dish, or top a baked potato.
- Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 859mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1559IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg