Peach Sweet Tea
Peach Sweet Tea is refreshing, sweet, and delicious. Simple to make with few ingredients and the perfect drink to sip on and keep cool on a hot summer day.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced California Cling Peaches
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar (granulated sugar)
- 6 cups water
- 4 tea bags (regular size) black tea
Using a small sauce pan add a full 15 ounce can of California Cling Peaches, 1 cup water, and 1 cup cane sugar.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and use a wooden spoon to stir and crush the cling peaches to infuse the flavor into the syrup mixture.
Make sure the cane sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat, cover, and allow it to cool and thicken for 25 to 30 minutes.
While you wait, begin making the tea by boiling some water. Carefully pour the hot water into a pitcher and add the tea bags. Allow the black tea to steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard.
Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the cling peaches out of the syrup mixture. You can save them for later to add to yogurt or oatmeal.
Add the simple syrup mixture to the pitcher with the black tea and fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water or ice if serving immediately. If not serving immediately store the pitcher in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Store any leftovers in a pitcher in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Recipe makes about 10 cups of tea.
- For a stronger and sweeter tea, omit filling the pitcher with the additional water.
- Add cling peaches and liquid from the can into the sauce pan to make the simple syrup.
- May use a sugar alternative for the recipe as long as it is granulated sugar. For a sweeter tea, add an additional 1 cup of sugar to the recipe.
- Feel free to make tea a day in advance and store in the refrigerator to serve chilled.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 5mg