This refreshing and tasty Cherry Margarita is a delicious recipe that is made with tequila, cherry preserves, lime juice, orange-flavored liqueur, and maple syrup. Enjoy this drink at your next cocktail hour.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt or sugar to rim glass (optional)
- 2 small lime wedges
Begin the recipe by using a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid to combine together 2 ounces of tequila, 1 tablespoon cherry preserves, 1 ounce lime juice, 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup together.
Place the top/lid on the shaker or jar and carefully shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
Grab your favorite glass and rub the rim with a slice of lime for the lime juice. Rub this part of the glass in salt or sugar until the rim of the glass is completely covered.
Add ice into the glass.
Pour the mixture from the shaker or jar into the glass. Top with a lime wedge for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
- You may substitute orange juice in the same unit of measure for the orange-flavored liqueur.
- Be sure to use fresh lime juice for this recipe. For an ounce use approximately the juice of 1 ½ small limes.
- Rim the glass with salt or sugar. If you prefer to use salt, use coarse sea salt or kosher salt. For a sweet margarita, rim the glass with raw sugar.
- If this margarita is too strong in terms of alcohol, adjust to your preference or allow the ice to melt a little before drinking to dilute.
- Double or triple the recipe as needed.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg