BBQ Chicken Sliders
BBQ Chicken Sliders is an easy game day recipe that is flavorful, delicious, and ready in 30 minutes. Loaded with chicken, sauce, cheese, and onions.
- 12 slider buns
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup KC MasterpieceⓇ Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and set aside a sheet pan.
Cook the chicken and saute the red onions until soft.
Using a medium bowl, stir the shredded chicken and 1 cup of KC MasterpieceⓇ Original BBQ Sauce together until combined.
Using a sheet pan, place the bottom of the slider buns and top with the bbq chicken.
Drizzle 1/2 cup KC MasterpieceⓇ Original BBQ Sauce evenly over the chicken.
Add the red onions evenly over each slider.
Add the smoked gouda evenly on top of the red onion.
Place the top of the slider buns on top of each bbq chicken slider. Cover with aluminium foil and place into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
Using a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, black pepper, and parsley. Brush the top of each slider evenly with the butter mixture. Place the sliders back into the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes, until tops are golden. Serve immediately.
- May substitute shredded rotisserie chicken.
- An easy way to shred chicken is to add it to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment while still warm. Turn the mixer on level 2 and allow the mixer to do all the work.
- May substitute a different cheese for the smoked gouda. Try mozzarella or cheddar!
- If you prefer raw onions, skip the cooking step and add the uncooked thin slices to the sliders instead.
- Serve the sliders with a side of additional KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce for dipping.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2mg