No-Bake Energy Bites
No-Bake Energy Bites is a delicious and easy to make snack that is the perfect burst of energy for those time when you need something healthy and sweet.
- 1 cup raw rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
Using a food processor, add in the oats and coconut. Pulse until it is coarsely ground.
Add in the peanut butter, honey, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, salt, and half of the chocolate chips.
Pulse until thoroughly combined and the mixture begins to stick together.
Add the rest of the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
Using an ice cream scoop, measure out the mixture and roll each individual scoop into balls.
Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set or in the freezer until firm.
Store in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Make sure to use ground flaxseed or flaxseed meal instead of whole flaxseeds.
- If the mixture is loose and not sticking together when forming a ball, add in a little more peanut butter or honey.
- May place loose mixture into the refrigerator to firm up for a few minutes before forming into little balls.
- May substitute the peanut butter for almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or cashew butter
- Can use sweetened coconut instead.
- If you do not have a food processor, mix by hand using a medium-size bowl.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg