Peach Galette is a simple dessert recipe that is made using a ready-made crust and fresh peaches. Quick, easy, delicious, and the perfect summer treat.
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 4 medium to large-sized peaches
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (or 1 tablespoon melted butter instead)
- 1 ½ tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Thinly slice the peaches and place the slices into a large mixing bowl. Add in the granulated sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, vanilla, and toss until all of the peaches are coated with the mixture.
Roll out each of the pie crust onto the prepared baking sheets that you lined with parchment paper, divide the peaches in half, and spoon in the center of each crust.
Fold the extra dough over the peaches being sure to leave the center open. Brush the folded exposed crust with the melted coconut oil or butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden and the peaches are hot and bubbly.
Allow them to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes and then remove and allow to cool completely on a baking rack. Serve warm or cool and store the leftovers (if you have any) in the fridge.
- Recipe makes 2 peach galettes.
- After baking it is perfectly fine to store a galette at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- After that, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- An uncooked galette may be stored in the freezer in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag up to 1 month.
- Be sure to use fresh peaches for this recipe and not canned or frozen.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg