Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
This easy three ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe is made with a classic sauce using butter and Parmesan cheese that melts to be combined with cooked fettuccine noodles for a rich and creamy pasta recipe.
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
In a large pot, cook the 12 ounces fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions until the pasta is al dente. Reserve 2 cups of the water prior to draining the pasta and set this aside.
Using the same large pot that you cooked the pasta in pour in 1 cup of the pasta water that you set aside. Turn to a low simmer and stir the 4 tablespoons butter until it melts and then slowly add in the 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
If you would like a thinner sauce, then add in more of the reserved pasta water. Once the butter and cheese have melted, toss in the pasta, and stir until the noodles are thoroughly coated.
Immediately remove the fettuccine alfredo from the heat. Serve topped with more freshly grated parmesan and some salt and pepper to your preference. Enjoy!
- For a thicker sauce, add less pasta water. For a thinner sauce, add more pasta water. I would begin by adding in ½ cup at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Before serving, top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese yourself using a boxed grater.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to your preference before serving.
Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 619IU | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 2mg