Pumpkin Spice Granola
This Pumpkin Spice Granola is a homemade sweet granola that is infused with flavors of the Fall season with the addition of pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if using salted nuts omit)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or any neutral oil)
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable rubber liner.
In a large bowl, combine the 3 cups oats, 1 cup walnuts, ½ cup almonds, ½ cup pecans, 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice.
In a small separate bowl, stir together the 1 cup pumpkin puree, ½ cup maple syrup, and ¼ cup coconut oil.
Stir the pumpkin puree mixture into the oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and place into the oven to bake.
Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Be sure to check and stir it every 20 to 30 minutes until it is lightly brown in color. Carefully remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Store this homemade granola in an airtight container or jar at room temperature in the pantry or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking and for easy cleanup.
- Be careful not to over-bake! Once it begins to lightly brown, then remove it from the oven.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before breaking apart for chunky granola.
- Feel free to adjust the kind of nut used to your preference, it will be fine as long as it is in the same unit of measure.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 2387IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg