Garlic Butter Shrimp
Garlic Butter Shrimp is a simple and flavorful dish that is packed with the perfect combination of shrimp, garlic, and butter. Pair this with your favorite side dish recipe for a complete meal.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- juice on 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, optional
In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
Add the 1 ½ pounds shrimp and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook until no longer pink 2 to 3 minutes and set aside.
To the same skillet, add in the 5 cloves of minced garlic, stirring frequently until fragrant.
Stir in the ¼ cup chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Stir in the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter until melted and smooth.
Add the shrimp and gently toss to coat evenly in the butter garlic mixture.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with your favorite side dish or salad.
- Be sure not to overcook the shrimp. Once they begin to turn light pink and are no longer translucent, remove from the pan and finish cooking with the garlic butter sauce.
- You may add additional salt and ground black pepper as needed to your preference.
- Use fresh garlic or the jar version. However, fresh garlic is the best and most flavorful.
- Serve over pasta, with crusty bread, or your favorite vegetable on the side.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 489mg | Sodium: 1670mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 4mg