Chocolate Almond Butter Crispy Rice Treats
These Chocolate Almond Butter Crispy Rice Treats are packed with almond butter, dark chocolate, and crispy rice cereal. The perfect way to tame the afternoon sweet cravings.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
Begin the recipe by lining a 8x8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the ½ cup almond butter and place into the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to soften. Add the ½ cup honey, 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and stir.
Add the 3 cups crispy rice cereal and stir until evenly distributed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and use a spoon to spread evenly.
In a separate small bowl or pitcher, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil 1 cup and dark chocolate. Place into the microwave to melt, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
Spread evenly over the crispy rice treats and top with ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt.
Place into the freezer for 20 minutes or until the dark chocolate has set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Use parchment paper to line the baking dish/sheet to prevent sticking and allow for easier cleanup.
- Use pure vanilla extract and not imitation. It really makes a difference. If you do not have pure vanilla extract, then you may omit completely.
- When pressing them into the pan, to prevent sticking, dampen your hands a bit with water.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg