Fall Inspired Pasta with Barilla Ready Pasta
This simple pasta recipe is made in minutes with a blend of rotisserie chicken, butternut squash and brussel sprouts, with penne pasta. Comforting, delicious and perfect for any day of the week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, each cut into quarters
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 packages Barilla Ready Pasta Penne (uncooked)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Begin the recipe by heating a large skillet on high heat. Once the pan is warm add in the 2 tablespoons olive oil. After the olive oil has heated, add the 1 large chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic, stirring often.
When the onion has softened and become translucent and the garlic is fragrant, add 2 teaspoons ground sage, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 cups butternut squash and 2 cups brussel sprouts.
Continue cooking on high heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Slowly pour in the ½ cup chicken broth and stir to combine. Next, add the 16 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken and 2 packages Barilla Ready Pasta Penne. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Serve warm topped with some ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Tips to make the best pasta recipe:
- Cut the fresh butternut squash into ½-inch pieces if you prefer to use precut butternut squash, feel free to use that as well to make the process go faster.
- Cut the brussel sprouts into quarter pieces so they evenly cook with the butternut squash.
- Barilla Ready Pasta has direction on the back of the packaging to cook in the microwave, but for this recipe, you will simply add it straight from the package into the skillet. The pasta will still be fully cooked and ready in 1 minute.
- Use rotisserie chicken or omit for a meatless pasta option.
- Top the finished pasta with grated Parmesan cheese or plain goat cheese for an added layer of flavor.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7881IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg