Blackberry Thyme Margarita
This Blackberry Thyme Margarita is a refreshing, easy, and cooling drink that is perfect for the summer. Made with fresh blackberries, thyme, tequila, and maple syrup for the ultimate cocktail.
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt or sugar to rim glass (optional)
- lime wedge to rim glass (optional)
Begin the recipe by using a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid, add in the ¼ cup fresh blackberries and ½ tablespoon thyme and muddle at the bottom.
Pour in the 2 ounces tequila, 1 ounce lime juice, 2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup together.
Place the shaker top or jar lid on the shaker or jar and carefully shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
Rim a glass with a lime wedge and coat in salt or sugar. Add ice into the glass. Strain the drink mixture from the shaker or jar and pour into a glass. Top with an additional sprig of thyme for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
- You may substitute orange juice in the same unit of measure for the orange-flavored liqueur.
- Be sure to use fresh lime juice for this recipe. For an ounce use approximately the juice of 1 ½ small limes.
- Rim the glass, use coarse flaky sea salt or sugar.
- If this margarita is too strong in terms of alcohol, adjust to your preference or allow the ice to melt a little before drinking to dilute.
- Double or triple the recipe as needed.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 243IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg