Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
The perfect spicy Jalapeno Margarita Recipe is great for any occasion. Filled with tequila, jalapenos, lime juice, and orange juice. Make this recipe for one and enjoy with your favorite appetizer.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ ounce orange juice
- 2 teaspoon jalapeno juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- chili lime seasoning blend, such as Tajin, salt, or sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- 1 small lime wedge
- 2 jalapeno slices
Begin the recipe by using a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid to combine together the 2 ounces tequila, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1 ½ ounce orange juice, 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup together.
Place the top on the shaker and carefully shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
Grab your favorite glass and rub the rim with a slice of lime for the lime juice. Rub this part of the glass in salt, sugar, or Tajin seasonings until the rim of the glass is completely covered.
Add ice into the glass.
Strain the mixture from the shaker into the glass. Top with 2 jalapeno slices and 1 lime wedge for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
- Use fresh lime juice for this recipe. Three tablespoons are approximately the juice of 1 ½ small limes.
- For the jalapeno juice and slices, use pickled jalapenos that come in a jar. You may also use the juice and fresh jalapeno slices if you prefer.
- Rim the glass with Tajin, chili lime seasoning for an extra layer of flavor. If you prefer to use salt, use coarse sea salt or kosher salt. For a sweet yet spicy margarita, rim the glass with sugar.
- If this margarita is too strong in terms of alcohol, adjust to your preference or allow the ice to melt a little before drinking to dilute. You may also add additional orange juice to the drink if it is still too strong.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Iron: 1mg