Instant Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and Potatoes
Instant Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and Potatoes is a delicious meal in minutes that is savory, hearty, and comforting. It is loaded with flavor and the perfect quick dinner option.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ½ pound red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Begin the recipe by placing the trivet at the bottom of the instant pot and adding 1 cup of water.
Season the 1 ½ pounds raw chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place the seasoned chicken at the bottom of the pressure cooker on one side. Place the ½ pound cut red potatoes on the other side.
Top with the 1 cup fresh chopped spinach and ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes.
In a small bowl, stir together the ½ cup chicken broth, ⅓ cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons corn starch, 1 tablespoon pesto, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic together to make the sauce.
Pour the creamy pesto sauce on top of everything in the instant pot.
Place the top on the instant pot. Making sure the steam release valve is set to sealing and not venting. Cook using the manual setting. Press the Manual button on the Instant Pot. Set the cooking time for five minutes. If your Instant Pot or pressure cooker has a low or high-pressure setting, use the high-pressure setting for this recipe.
Allow the instant pot to naturally release for five minutes when the time is up. Carefully turn the steam release valve to venting to release any additional pressure. Remove the lid from the pressure cooker.
Using the handles of the trivet or tongs, carefully remove the sun dried tomato chicken and potatoes. Serve warm and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot before adding any ingredients
- May use any kind of potatoes. I’ve also chopped russet potatoes into small pieces and used them as well.
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- May substitute chicken breast for chicken thighs.
- This recipe may also be completed in a slow cooker using the same process. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 4 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 1282mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1202IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg