Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs are an easy appetizer recipe or addition to dinner that is the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and smokey. Made in minutes with just four ingredients.
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounces frozen plain meatballs
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 16 ounces seedless blackberry jam
- 16 ounces original barbecue sauce
Begin the recipe by placing the trivet at the bottom of the instant pot and adding 1 cup of water.
Add the 32 ounces frozen meatballs and diced jalapenos. Place the top on the instant pot. Making sure the steam release valve is set to sealing and not venting. Cook using the manual setting. Press the Manual button on the Instant Pot. Set the cook time for five minutes. Carefully use quick release once the time is up. Remove the meatballs and jalapenos into a large bowl and set aside. Drain the liquid, it is no longer needed.
Return the insert to the pressure cooker and set to saute on the low setting. Add in the 16 ounces seedless blackberry jam and 16 ounces original barbecue sauce. Stir continuously until the jam has melted and the sauce is smooth.
Add the cooked meatballs and jalapenos back into the pressure cooker and stir to evenly coat with the sweet and spicy sauce mixture. Adjust the pressure cooker to the keep warm setting or remove to serve immediately.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- If you prefer to omit the jalapenos in this recipe, feel free to do so. For a less heat remove the seeds and ribs when cutting the jalapenos. For more heat leave them in when cutting.
- Original barbecue sauce pairs well with the blackberry jam, but you may use any that you prefer such as sweet, mild, or spicy.
- Frozen meatballs work best in this recipe, no need to allow them to defrost.
- Serve these meatballs as an appetizer or over rice for a meal as there is plenty of sauce.
- The nutrition information states 12 servings which are 5 meatballs per serving, the recipe makes about 60 meatballs in total. Adjust as needed.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg