Salmon Patties are a delicious recipe made with canned pink salmon plus a few other simple ingredients. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Flavorful and easy to make!
- 1 14 ¾ ounce can pink salmon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or any you prefer
Drain the can of pink salmon and in small bowl mash and stir salmon with a fork into small pieces.
Add in chopped onion, parsley, salt, ground black pepper, and lemon juice. Stir until fully combined.
Stir in large egg until completely mixed and the mixture is sticky.
Add in bread crumbs and stir to combine.
Form the salmon patties into round circles of your desired size. Add the oil into a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is warmed, add the salmon patties.
Cook on one side 3 to 5 minutes until browned, depending on how thick the patties are. Flip the salmon patties and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and serve warm.
Tips to make the best easy salmon patties:
- If the mixture is too wet add additional bread crumbs a little at a time.
- If the mixture is too dry add a small amount of additional lemon juice.
- Press the mixture together to form the salmon patty to your desired size. The thicker the patty the more time it may need to cook.
- You may need to add a small amount of additional vegetable oil into the skillet while cooking the patties.
- Serve with a dollop of fruit preserves for a sweet and savory combination.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg