Brown Sugar Pie
This Brown Sugar Pie is a sweet and simple pie that is sure to be your new favorite. Made a with few basic staple ingredients and the perfect treat with each and every bite.
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or any you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 store bought pie crust, unbaked and thawed if frozen (9-inch)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap the packaging of the pie crust and place in a pie dish if you needed.
In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or wire whisk, blend together the butter and brown sugar.
Add in the eggs, milk, almond extract, all-purpose flour, and salt. Continue mixing until all of the ingredients are combined. The mixture will be thin and runny.
Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
Place into the preheated oven and bake from 50 to 55 minutes until the center of the pie has set and the top has lightly browned.
The pie will rise and become puffy while baking, but once removed from the oven it will deflate and settle. This will cause the pie to crack which is normal.
Allow the pie to cool before cutting to serve.
Tips to make the best brown sugar pie:
- Make sure the pie crust is 9-inches.
- The mixture will fill the pie crust almost to the top, place a sheet pan under the pie as it bakes to prevent spilling in the oven.
- Use any flavoring extract that you prefer. Try vanilla, lemon, or butter extracts.
- If you prefer not to use melted butter, use room temperature butter and cream together the brown sugar and butter until smooth before adding the other ingredients.
- If you add warm melted butter to cold ingredients the butter will solidify, continue mixing until the batter smoothes out.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 276IU | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg