Warm Macaroni Salad
This Warm Macaroni Salad recipe is a savory, comforting, and delicious side dish. It is packed with vegetables and easy to make using a few simple ingredients. Make a bowl to share with the family today.
- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni pasta
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- ⅔ cup vegan or regular mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Cook the 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni pasta according to the package instructions and drain it of all the water once finished.
Gently stir in grated/chopped fresh ½ cup carrot, 3 tablespoons onion, 1 stalk of celery, 3 tablespoons pickle relish, and ⅔ cups mayonnaise. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Serve immediately while still warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Be sure not to overcook the elbow macaroni pasta, it should be cooked to al dente.
- May use any mayonnaise that you prefer, including vegan mayonnaise to make this a vegan side dish.
- This macaroni salad can be served cold. Simply prepare in advance and store in the refrigerator before serving.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to your level of preference.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1380IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg