Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
This Ranch BLT Pasta Salad is a light and simple recipe that is loaded with so many delicious flavors, including creamy ranch dressing, and chopped bacon.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 cup ranch dressing, divided
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup Swiss cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- salt & ground black pepper to preference
Cook the 8 ounces of rotini pasta according to package instructions; al dente and in plenty of salted water.
Drain the pasta from the water and then gently toss with ½ cup Ranch dressing to lightly coat and prevent the pasta from sticking together. Refrigerate until cold.
In a large bowl, toss to combine the cold prepared pasta with 1 cup tomatoes, ¾ cup Swiss cheese, ½ cup red onion, 1 cup bacon and 1 cup lettuce.
Lastly, add in the other ½ cup Ranch dressing and gently stir to generously coat everything. Season to your preference with salt and ground black pepper.
- If you feel that your dressing is too thick, then you can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk. This will help thin it out, without altering the flavor.
- Plan to eat this the day that you make it, as the lettuce will wilt pretty fast. Or keep lettuce separate and add it in before serving.
- Any pasta that is small to medium in size does work for this recipe. You can even use gluten-free pasta, chickpea, or protein pasta. Just cook as directed on the back of the package.
- You could swap the lettuce with spinach leaves or even kale if you would prefer.
- If you don't want to use Swiss cheese, then you can easily swap it with Mozzarella, pepper jack, cheddar, etc. Get creative or use your favorite cheese combination.
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 871IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 1mg