Vegan French Toast
Vegan French Toast – Some nights you may find yourself in the mood for breakfast at dinner time, then you will want to give this easy recipe a try.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 slices of your favorite firm bread
- 3/4 cup any non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cane sugar
In a shallow dish, whisk together all of the ingredients until fully combined.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil in the pan.
Quickly dip each slice of bread into the mixture being sure to coat both sides and place into the heated skillet and cook until both sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Serve immediately with maple syrup or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2mg