Join the monthly #DomesticDayz Link Party and be sure to stay for some White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins. You haven’t had a sweet muffin until you try these muffins that combine white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. A must try simple recipe!
Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2018!
I still cannot believe that today is the first day of another year. I am starting my day with one…okay maybe two…White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins and a large cup of coffee because tomorrow I plan on going hard with my workout and diet. I will also be having dinner with my family later today and will definitely not miss out on eating the traditional black-eyed peas and greens that you must have on the first day of each new year to bring you good luck.
Honestly, I am not sure if this works, but I prefer not to be the one that ruins the tradition by skipping out on this. Plus I rebel on enough things that my family lets me get away with AND I will not be the one to miss my mama’s black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. However let me tell you that it does not have to be day one of a new year for me to enjoy these, so luck or no luck…just let me know when and where to fix my plate.
Speaking of home-cooked meals…
It is time for another Domestic Dayz Link Up where we link up our favorite recipes, DIYs, and anything that is homemade to connect and share how to make a house a home. We have decided to switch things up a bit for the New Year and instead of having a weekly link up; we will instead be having a monthly link up that will be open for the entire month. You will also have the chance to link up to four posts for us to check out.
So without any further delay…let’s get this party started.
A link party for good times, over good food, doing cool things and meeting new people!
Meet Your Host
Well, we are all grown-ups, AND its a party so rules for what???
But we do have a few “guidelines”:
- The post must be food, home or DIY related. All posts that are not will be removed.
- Each participant can enter four times over the course of the month. This can be done all at once or from several different visits during the link up open dates.
- Random posts from the previous month will be shared via social AND pinned to the Domestic Dayz Pin Board.
- Following hosts is optional but our social links are provided. We want to make new friends!
- It is encouraged that participants visit the posts of others in the link up.
Join The Party!
- Feel free to grab the button below, by copy and pasting the code below the button in your post, to show you have linked up with us!
- Drop your links below
- Make new friends, because really who goes to a party and doesn’t make friends?
[bctt tweet=”Come link up with me for #DomesticDayz and have a chance to be featured! We party all month long so be sure to stop by for tips to make your house a home.” username=”@simplylakita”]
White Chocolate Cranberry MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and mix on medium until light and fluffy. Add in the brown sugar and continue to mix until fluffy.
Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and plain yogurt. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture and milk until everything is combined.
Turn off the mixer and gently fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and place into the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.