This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins, you haven’t had a sweet muffin until you try these muffins that combine white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. A must try simple recipe!
Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2018!
I still cannot believe that today is the first day of another year. I am starting my day with one…okay, maybe two…White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins and a large cup of coffee because tomorrow I plan on going hard with my workout and diet. I will also be having dinner with my family later today and will definitely not miss out on eating the traditional black-eyed peas and greens that you must have on the first day of each new year to bring you good luck.
Honestly, I am not sure if this works, but I prefer not to be the one that ruins the tradition by skipping out on this. Plus I rebel on enough things that my family lets me get away with AND I will not be the one to miss my mama’s black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. However let me tell you that it does not have to be day one of a new year for me to enjoy these, so luck or no luck…just let me know when and where to fix my plate.
White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and mix on medium until light and fluffy. Add in the brown sugar and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and plain yogurt. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture and milk until everything is combined.
- Turn off the mixer and gently fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and place into the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins? Share them in the comments below!