White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins, you haven't had a sweet muffin until you try these muffins that combine white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. A must try simple recipe!
Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2018!
I still cannot believe that today is the first day of another year. I am starting my day with one…okay, maybe two…White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins and a large cup of coffee because tomorrow I plan on going hard with my workout and diet. I will also be having dinner with my family later today and will definitely not miss out on eating the traditional black-eyed peas and greens that you must have on the first day of each new year to bring you good luck.
Honestly, I am not sure if this works, but I prefer not to be the one that ruins the tradition by skipping out on this. Plus I rebel on enough things that my family lets me get away with AND I will not be the one to miss my mama’s black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread. However let me tell you that it does not have to be day one of a new year for me to enjoy these, so luck or no luck…just let me know when and where to fix my plate.
White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter and mix on medium until light and fluffy. Add in the brown sugar and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and plain yogurt. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture and milk until everything is combined.
- Turn off the mixer and gently fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and place into the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins? Share them in the comments below!
These are perfection. I'm actually working on a recipe with cranberries today. It goes far beyond Christmas - a winter staple for me!
It really is perfect for after the holidays as well. Cranberries are a staple in my house.
Hi Lakita! I hope you had a great holiday season and a wonder-filled New Year, I’m loving these white chocolate cranberry muffins, I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate but cranberries are my jam. I hope you have been successful with going hard on your New Year Diet. I’m all about greens and Black Eyed Peas on New Years! I thought my family was the only ones that believed in that.
Hi Mary! Happy New Year!! Thank you so much! I am a huge fan of cranberries and I enjoy them all year. No I think that is a southern tradition for many 🙂