This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan French Toast – Some nights you may find yourself in the mood for breakfast at dinner time, then you will want to give this easy recipe a try.
Some nights you may find yourself in the mood for breakfast…at dinner time.
I am here to tell you that is perfectly okay and in fact, having breakfast food in the evening is my favorite thing to have. Could be due to the fact that I was raised in a household where my dad enjoyed having breakfast for dinner when nothing else would do. I remember my mother making homemade biscuits, country ham, grits, and eggs and it was her favorite thing to cook since it was such a quick and easy meal to prepare.
It also required minimal cleanup and there was no meat to defrost. Isn’t it the worst thing ever to arrive home from work only to find out that you forgot to defrost the meat for your family and now you have to come up with a meal in a rush or try to defrost the meat inside of the microwave which takes forever and never turns out quite the way that you thought it would. Or perhaps you just have a terrible case of the Mondays and need something extraordinary?!? In that case, then allow me to help you out with that by letting you in on my secret….my go breakfast for dinner is Vegan French Toast.
Vegan French Toast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 slices of your favorite firm bread
- ¾ cup any non-dairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon organic cane sugar
- In a shallow dish, whisk together all of the ingredients until fully combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil in the pan.
- Quickly dip each slice of bread into the mixture being sure to coat both sides and place into the heated skillet and cook until both sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for Vegan French Toast? Share them in the comments below!