This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Vegan Vanilla Donuts are so light, fluffy, and easy to make. Be sure to give them a try with a hot cup of coffee. Perfect for any time of day.
I do not feel like I have been sharing many vegan recipes lately. I can explain and that is largely due to the fact that I have fallen in a bit of a food rut. Eating the same thing repeatedly…not really changing it up much. I figured you probably did not really want to see that. I mean seriously you can only see so many bowls of steamed broccoli and variations of salads before you will have had enough.
Actually, I should have had enough by now myself, but it seems as though when life for me gets a little hectic I tend to want to keep things simple in the kitchen and that means eating minimal. I am telling you that I have my grocery list down to an exact science at this point and I know exactly how long the items that I purchase will last me. Needless to say, my son has been making his own trips to the grocery store to get the things that he wants. I am totally okay with that.
Although that sounds a little crazy, I must say that I am really enjoying the minimalistic approach to food these days. It is just one less thing that I have to think about and little less food waste in the world. I am sure that I will snap out of it soon and be back to sharing more creative vegan meals with you here on the blog. In the meantime, I will share with you a recipe for Vegan Vanilla Donuts; because of course, you can never go wrong with donuts of any kind.
These donuts are baked and the recipe makes just half a dozen, so fewer donuts for you to feel guilty about splurging on. They are so light and fluffy that you will enjoy eating them plain, but just in case you prefer a vanilla glaze, I have included the ingredients in the full recipe listed below.
Vegan Vanilla Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- egg replacer for 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add in the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, egg replacer, and vegan butter. Whisk until the vegan butter melts and everything is smooth. Remove from heat and pour into the flour mixture. Stir together until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place the donut mixture into a piping bag with a #4 tip, spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, and pipe the donut mixture into the donut pan. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes, until the donuts begin to turn golden.
- Remove the vegan vanilla donuts from the oven and allow cooling in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the donuts.
- Serve plain or make a quick glaze by whisking together ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla. Dip the donuts into the glaze, allow it to set, and serve.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Vegan Vanilla Donuts? Share them in the comments below!