This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles are sweet, spicy, and flavorful! The perfect reason to combine pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and coffee into a delicious waffle for breakfast.
I love breakfast but I have to admit that during the weekday it is usually the last thing on my mind.
Especially with trying to wake up fully (I am not a morning person), remember to feed the dog and let him out, get ready for the workday, and still manage to be presentable and start my day off right. With all of this on my mind, breakfast is usually the most basic no-fuss item that I can grab to last me until lunch, or at the very least until a mid-morning snack.
However, the weekend is usually much more relaxing and I can take some time to enjoy a full breakfast or brunch and sip on multiple cups of coffee while preparing for the whatever I have planned for the weekend. There are two things that I absolutely love to have for breakfast and that is coffee and waffles. So, of course, any excuse to combine those two things together in a recipe is perfect.
What ingredients are needed to make pumpkin spice waffles?
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Flax egg or egg
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
How to make waffles with pumpkin spice:
Begin the recipe by grabbing a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin spice until combined. Set aside.
To a separate medium bowl, add the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, milk, strongly brewed coffee, and oil. Stir to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and stir to fully combine. Careful not to overmix, but there should be no lumps in the mixture. Allow the waffle mixture to rest for 5 minutes while preheating the waffle maker.
Once the waffle maker has preheated, lightly spray with cooking spray and spoon the batter into the center of the iron. Cook according to your machine’s instructions.
Once fully cooked, remove the waffles, and place on a cooling rack while continuing the process until all the waffle mixture is gone. Serve topped with maple syrup.
These waffles are so delicious and the almond milk and pumpkin puree pairs really well with the flavor of the strongly brewed coffee. None of these flavors is overpowering and they all come together to make a delicious waffle that is perfect for the season.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles
- waffle maker
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 flax egg, egg replacement or 1 large egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk or any you prefer
- ⅓ cup very strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- cooking spray for waffle maker
- Begin the recipe by preparing the flax egg. Combine 2 ½ tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon ground flax meal in a medium bowl and allow the mixture to rest and thicken for about 5 minutes. Omit this step if using 1 large egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 ¼ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice until combined. Set aside.
- To a separate medium bowl, add the flax egg or 1 large egg, ¼ cup pumpkin puree, ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ cup almond milk, ⅓ cup coffee, 1 tablespoon canola oil. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and stir to fully combine. Careful not to overmix, but there should be no lumps in the mixture. Allow the waffle mixture to rest for 5 minutes while preheating the waffle maker.
- Once the waffle maker has preheated, lightly spray with cooking spray and spoon the batter into the center of the iron. Cook according to your machine’s instructions.
- Once fully cooked, remove the waffles, and place on a cooling rack while continuing the process until all the waffle mixture is gone. Serve topped with maple syrup.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Want a few more simple pumpkin recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles? Please share them in the comments below!
Good for you for making changes to your diet to improve your health. These waffles look delish. Currently my favorite waffles are made from green plantains.
Thank you! They were pretty good and waffles with green plantains sounds delicious!!!
I've never heard of a flax egg! I think this is perfect. Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles are a magical thing and it's one of the things I think can be strong, with or without milk.
I mean.. it's pumpkin and waffles, isn't it??
Yes!! Flax eggs are a great substitute for actual eggs and you can use ground chia seeds also. It is pretty magical because its a waffle...but it has pumpkin and coffee but neither of those flavors are strong in this recipe. Pretty awesome 🙂
I love waffles, and pumpkin spice latte waffles sound amazing 🙂
I love waffles too!! Any kind of waffles 🙂