This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The pumpkin makes these muffins moist and the chocolate adds a layer of delicious sweetness.
Can I just check in and chit chat with you today?
I know you probably showed up to read this blog post expecting me to share some amazing words with you but the truth is sometimes bloggers don’t have anything to say. Sometimes the words are just lost or perhaps that is just me. I don’t know…hopefully I’m not alone in this because if I was, then that would really suck right?
The weather in Florida has been beautiful…sorry if you are in the cold of winter right now…but this weekend it was 86 degrees and sunny. I took my dog outside and he did not want to come back in and so we did not. We sat outside and soaked in the fresh air and got our vitamin D from the sun.
Now that Thanksgiving has passed, to say that I overindulged a bit would be an understatement. So with that being said this week I am focusing on getting back on track because my body is certainly letting me know that I have had way too much junk. Being a junk food vegan is real yall!
This year I decided to avoid going out shopping at the stores on Black Friday because the truth be told it is not as much fun when your children get older. They are no longer interested in loads of toys and instead would like fewer big-ticket items, gift cards, and/or money. Plus the older I get the more I would rather just sit at home in the comfort of my own home and shop online. This year I noticed that many stores were offering the same deals online and WITH free shipping. How great is that? The best deal that I scored this year was a 32GB memory card for $14.99, so I did stock up.
On Saturday I did venture out to finally check out The Hunger Games: Mockingjay-Part 2 movie and I would have to say that it was…Aiight…and I will just leave it at that.
Other than that all is pretty much…work….work…blog…work….dog…kid…and the usual.
Recipe yields 12 muffins
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Ingredients:
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flax meal and water in a large bowl – let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract and stir. Then add salt, baking soda and powder and cinnamon and whisk.
- Carefully place whole wheat and all purpose flour into a sifter and sift over wet ingredients and stir.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir again lightly until just incorporated. If the batter appears too thick, add an additional splash of almond milk.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins (should be a dozen) until each liner is filled almost completely full. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top for presentation (optional).
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until fluffy, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a few come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to rest in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container or bag and you may also freeze for longer storage.
*Recipe from the Minimalist Baker