This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups – A homemade snack that only requires two ingredients and only takes a short amount of time to make.
In just a few more days my vacation officially begins, which means for me no working outside the home until after the new year. As you probably can imagine I am VERY excited to spend some much needed time off. It will also give me a chance to enjoy more quality time with family and friends and to also catch up on some things that I have been putting off; such as cleaning up my closet.
At any rate…I am also in the process of planning for recipes and blogging themes for 2016 and if you have any requests or things that you would like to see please let me know by leaving a comment below or sending your request through my contact page.
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips (or non-vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup vegan peanut butter (or your favorite butter such as almond)
- Using a muffin pan (regular or mini) line the wells with paper liners and set aside. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips until they are melted and smooth, careful not to burn.
- Place 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of the muffin pan liners and spread the chocolate evenly and refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Then top with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of the chocolate and place back into the refrigerator for 10 more minutes.
- During this time the peanut butter will settle and spread a little and that is fine. You will also need to re-heat your chocolate while you wait because it has probably become hard and will be difficult to spread for the final layer.
- Once you remove the peanut butter cups from the refrigerator top with another teaspoon of chocolate and spread to cover the peanut butter.
- Smooth evenly and place back into the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and then they are ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Want more Vegan Dessert Recipes? Try These:
Do you have any entertaining tips, kitchen hacks, or other holiday ideas for these vegan peanut butter cups? Please share them in the comments below!