This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Brownie Recipe - This simple vegan brownie recipe is taken to the max by adding in a little cognac to the mix. So delicious!
We are knocking on the door of 2016...Are you ready?
This year went by so unbelievably fast.
Lately, I have been reviewing what this year has looked like for me and setting my intentions for the New Year and I just want to take this time to say 'Thank You'!!
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share with you and connect with you on the blog, e-mail, and social media. I am looking forward to being able to share so much more with you in the new year. And because things are usually pretty serious around here, today I decided to take a break and share something fun with you...And...there is booze!
Vegan Cognac Brownie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 4 Tablespoons water (flax egg)
- ½ cup vegan butter (Earth Balance), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hennessy cognac
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. and lightly oil an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed with the water, stir, and set aside and allow it to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients – sugar, baking powder, salt, instant espresso, cocoa powder, and flour and set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt the butter by continuously stirring and then remove from the heat and add in the chocolate and stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the flour mixture and slowly stir in the flax egg until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir in the vanilla and cognac and the mixture will become much thinner; continue to stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester come out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Want more brownie recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for this vegan cognac brownie recipe? Please share them in the comments below!
Yours look awesome.
I have never baked with cognac, but we happen to have it here after all the weekend's holiday and foodie party stuff.
Thank you! That is the exact reason for the brownies...I had some leftover from holiday entertaining and I needed to use it and what better way than with some brownies 🙂
I've never thought of baking with Hennessy before! These brownies do look delicious. I need to save this recipe. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you and you are welcome...I was surprised at how great they turned out.