This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Brownie Recipe – This simple vegan brownie recipe is taken to the max by adding in a little cognac to the mix. So delicious!
We are knocking on the door of 2016…Are you ready?
This year went by so unbelievably fast.
Lately, I have been reviewing what this year has looked like for me and setting my intentions for the New Year and I just want to take this time to say ‘Thank You’!!
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share with you and connect with you on the blog, e-mail, and social media. I am looking forward to being able to share so much more with you in the new year. And because things are usually pretty serious around here, today I decided to take a break and share something fun with you…And…there is booze!
Vegan Cognac Brownie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 4 Tablespoons water (flax egg)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hennessy cognac
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. and lightly oil an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed with the water, stir, and set aside and allow it to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients – sugar, baking powder, salt, instant espresso, cocoa powder, and flour and set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt the butter by continuously stirring and then remove from the heat and add in the chocolate and stir until it is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the flour mixture and slowly stir in the flax egg until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir in the vanilla and cognac and the mixture will become much thinner; continue to stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester come out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Want more brownie recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for this vegan cognac brownie recipe? Please share them in the comments below!