This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Cherry Pancakes - These pancakes are easy to make and are the perfect recipe to use when fresh cherries are in season.
I love that it is cherry season at the moment and there are cherries literally everywhere. They are so delicious and sweet and currently my snack of choice. Seriously I cannot seem to get enough of cherries right now.
The funny thing is that I never really think about having cherries until I notice them in the grocery stores everywhere. I believe it is just one of those instances where your eyes see something and then you suddenly have to have it. Not really in an impulse buy kind of way, but more of an 'I can't believe these are here, and I must have them' sort of feeling. And since I can't stop myself from giving in and picking them up, I find myself coming up with ways in which to use them.
I have also been craving lots of pancakes for dinner lately and that is another story that I will save for another day. But today I had to put the cherries into the pancakes and share with you this delicious recipe that requires very few words.
Vegan Cherry Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 ¼ cups non-dairy milk, I used soy
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup fresh cherries, diced, plus extra for topping
- cooking spray for skillet or griddle
- agave nectar or maple syrup for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutritional yeast, and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a fork or potato masher, mash the banana until there are no large chunks of banana left. Add the milk, coconut oil, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in the diced cherries and allow the pancake batter to rest for 5 minutes while you heat up the skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spray the skillet or griddle with the cooking spray to prevent sticking and pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the skillet or griddle.
- Once the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and continue to allow the pancakes to cook about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Continue this process until you have no more pancake batter left.
- Serve the pancakes topped with extra diced cherries and a drizzle of agave nectar or maple syrup.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Vegan Cherry Pancakes? Share them in the comments below!