This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vanilla Cupcakes for Two is a delicious treat that can be made in minutes. Light, fluffy, and delicious. Try it when you need something sweet!
I have been making cakes for a while.
There is something perfect about a fluffy cake and sweet frosting. To me, the makings of a good cake will also require few ingredients, of which you probably already have on hand in your kitchen and just a few minutes in the oven.
However, when I make a cake, I have to admit that I sometimes find it hard to resist eating too many slices. A whole cake in my kitchen and me being an empty nester is not a good combination. I know myself. For this reason, I love to create small-batch desserts whenever possible.
Previously I have shared on the blog a recipe for a Key Lime Pie for Two as well as Red Velvet Cupcakes. Today I decided to keep it simple and share with you some classic vanilla cupcakes. This recipe is a good one to keep in your kitchen toolkit because it makes the lightest, fluffy, and delicious recipe that you will want to make again and again.
Why Vanilla Cupcakes for Two?
This cupcake recipe is perfect if you are trying to be more health conscious or watching your calories because…portion control. This recipe yields a total of only two vanilla flavored cupcakes with frosting. The frosting is a delicious vanilla buttercream that can be whipped up in minutes and is light and fluffy. You can top these cupcakes with sprinkles if you want a little something extra.
If you decide to give this recipe a try, then please let me know how it turns out for you in the comment section below or on social media where you can find me on Instagram @simplylakita.
Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and add two muffin liners to a muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder salt, and sugar until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in the egg white, milk, melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond extract and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Prepared the frosting in a small bowl, using a hand mixer by combining the powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Spread on the cupcakes and enjoy.