This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tofu Scramble - Simply recipe made with baby spinach, diced tomatoes, and sauteed onions. Very quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes.
When people say that they do not like the taste of tofu...I usually give them a very puzzled look because to me tofu has no taste.
It basically takes on the flavors of whatever seasoning combination that you use. Now perhaps the texture is not that appealing to some people and I guess I could see that but once you scramble tofu up in a hot skillet, then it really is very similar to scrambled eggs. Before I became vegan I used to love eggs and would eat them almost each and every day, so to say that I have missed eggs and that it has also been the most difficult ingredient to replace in my food lifestyle would be extremely accurate. But once I discovered that I could scramble up tofu and add in some turmeric to give it the same color as eggs...I was in heaven.
This recipe has quickly become my morning go-to breakfast that gets me started with my day.
- 1 block/package firm tofu
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup soy milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- your favorite veggies, chopped and diced
- Rinse and drain the water from the package of tofu and pat the tofu dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil until melted and then add the diced onion and cook until the onion becomes translucent and soft.
- Next crumble the tofu by hand into small pieces in the skillet, allowing it to cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add in all of the spices and nutritional yeast and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is beginning to brown.
- Slowly pour in the non-dairy milk and allow the tofu scramble to cook until heated throughout about 2 minutes. Toss in your favorite veggies (I used spinach and tomatoes) and cook until they begin to soften a bit. Serve immediately.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for Tofu Scramble? Share them in the comments below!