This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tofu Scramble Recipe – Quick and Easy egg substitute for vegans that can be enjoyed as is or rolled into a flour tortilla for a delicious breakfast burrito.
This post is sponsored by SaladPower, all opinions expressed are my own.
Happy Friday, friends!
It has been humid and rainy all week here in Florida, and that means spending more time indoors. This can be a good thing because it gives me more time to cook up a hearty breakfast that will stick with me until lunch and power me through the day. Breakfast is the most important meal after all and it really helps to set the pace for how I will eat the rest of the day. If I choose to skip breakfast, then I usually end up snacking for the rest of the day, but if I’ve had breakfast, then I’m good until lunch, and ultimately dinner. Something else that I try to take advantage of with my breakfast is to squeeze in as many vegetables as I possibly can.
This morning I decided to make my tofu scramble recipe and roll it into a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito. I have shared a similar recipe with you on the blog before, but this time I decided to add in some SaladPower Just Veggies to pack in even more nutrients.
If you have not heard of SaladPower, then allow me to share with you that it’s a delicious juice that is full of vitamins, very low in sugar, vegan, non-GMO, and contains ingredients that you can actually pronounce. Each juice contains a superfood blend of kale, celery, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, and spinach. You can also select to have the addition of apple, mango, pineapple, or stick with just the veggies. This morning I am going to stick with Just Veggies and use ¼ cup in my tofu scramble.
Are you interested in trying SaladPower for yourself? Then be sure to order your very own drinkable salad from their website at www.saladpower.com.
Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 1 block/package firm tofu
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup SaladPower Just Veggies
- your favorite veggies, chopped and diced
- flour tortillas (optional)
- Rinse and drain the water from the package of tofu and pat the tofu dry with a paper towel. In a medium skillet on medium high heat , add in the olive oil and then add in the diced onion, red bell pepper, and cook until it becomes translucent and soft.
- Next crumble the tofu by hand into small pieces in the skillet, allowing it to cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add in the nutritional yeast, tumeric, paprika, salt, pepper, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mixture begins to brown.
- Slowly pour in the SaladPower Just Veggies and allow the tofu scramble to cook until heated throughout, about 2 minutes. Toss in your favorite veggies (I used spinach) and cook until they soften a bit. Serve immediately as is or wrap in a 8-inch flour tortilla for an easy breakfast burrito.
Got any comments, questions, or another Tofu Scramble Recipe idea? Share them in the comments below!