What’s for dinner at my house tonight…
Buttery Stone-Ground Grits
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup stone-ground or old-fashioned grits
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Slowly add the grits, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and partially cover. Reduce the heat to medium and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Uncover the pot and stir in the butter and 3 tablespoons of the cream. Continue to stir, adding the remaining cream, a few tablespoons at a time, until the mixture thickens and begins to sputter slightly, about 15 minutes. Taste and add more salt, if desired.
Butter Braised Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the butter melts, about 1 minute.
Stir in the shrimp. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just opaque, about 5 minutes.
*I garnished mine with spinach (frozen) and chopped grape tomatoes (fresh).