This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and Easy Sausage Soup is comforting, delicious, uses minimal ingredients, and can be made in 20 minutes. Perfect for those days when you don't know what to prepare.
Some days I just find myself super busy with hundreds of things going on...all at the same time.
Those are of course the days when I wake up with a clear agenda or at the very least some sort of plan of how to get everything done before I lay my head down that night to fall asleep.
And as usual...those are the days when nothing seems to go as planned or something will happen during the middle of the day to make me have to cancel some of my plans, leaving things undone until some other time.
It is usually on these days, when I have my head down working, that I will hear "So what are we having for dinner?"...It is at this point that I am thinking to myself that I have not even thought about dinner.
Surely something quick such as pizza, Chinese, or any drive-thru window would be a quick and easy solution, but another option for me is always a quick one-pot meal. Something that I can just grab some ingredients, put them together, and make a hearty meal.
I mean really who isn’t up for a quick one-pot meal...especially if it involves items that I already have on hand and in my kitchen.
Also during the colder months, soup is always a wonderful idea.
I usually pair this with some corn muffins and I never hear any complaints when I quickly return back to what I was working on prior to dinner.
Quick and Easy Sausage Soup
- ¾ pound ground mild sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil and add the beans until heated through.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite bread.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Quick and Easy Sausage Soup? Share them in the comments below!