This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Spice Granola - Sweet granola infused with the flavors of Fall with the addition of pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Simple, fast, and delicious!
Last week on my Instagram, I shared some delicious pumpkin pancakes.
It's about that time...time for pumpkin everything! Are you ready? Well guess what? @crackerbarrel has Pumpkin Pancake Mix available at @shopcrackerbarrel, be sure to pick you some up. They taste like they are loaded with pumpkin spice, smelled so good cooking, and only took minutes to prepare (just add water). Are you guys ready for Fall like I am ?#ad #CrackerBarrelBundles
Some of the comments that I received were that it was a little too soon to roll out the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice everything. And while they may be right, I don’t think it really matters what time of the year you choose to indulge in all things pumpkin. So with that being said, I decided to share on the blog today a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Granola…because well…granola!
I love having granola as a snack and my favorite way to have it is to add it to my yogurt. There is just something amazing about the combination of creamy yogurt and crispy spicy granola. Plus it’s a bulky snack that allows me to feel fuller longer and because I love adding flax seed to everything, then you know that I could not resist adding some into this recipe.
Let us switch gears a bit since we have the recipe for today covered and talk about what everyone is concerned about and that is Hurricane Irma. If you have been following me for a while, then you may already know that I live in Florida, the next point of landfall for Irma.
I woke up this morning to a barrage of phone calls and text from friends and family members asking if I am okay and what are my plans. I appreciate each one of them more than you will ever know and at the time of me typing this…my area has moved out of the expected area of impact. I live in Northwest Florida and although our schools and state offices have closed until Tuesday, the major area that is forecasted as the greatest threat in South Florida. My family has made sure that we are stocked up on supplies, the vehicles are filled with gas, our cell phones stay charged at all times, and we are watching the news closely just in case there is any change and we need to seek shelter quickly.
My area is also ready to assist any evacuees from the southern part of the state and if shelters open in my area, then I am ready to help out where I am needed. In the meantime, please keep my home state in your thoughts and prayers as we brace for the storm this weekend.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if using salted nuts omit)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or any neutral oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, almonds, pecans, flax seed, salt, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a small separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Stir the pumpkin puree mixture into the oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and place into the oven to bake.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, making sure to stir every 15 minutes to achieve even color.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Pumpkin Spice Granola? Share them in the comments below!